Although I have NEVER EVER hurt my children.....

sometimes I get so stressed out, and they don't listen and do hateful things that makes me have thoughts to. I admit, I need help controlling my anger, but I'm scared that if I do get help, there dad can bring that against me in court. As I said, I have NEVER harmed my children or put them in danger, when it gets to the boiling point, I usually step outside or go to the bathroom, lock the door & just have a moment to breathe. I need help on yelling, it gets me nowhere and doesn't make them listen, help on getting my two year old to act two and not 15 and to listen, i'm desperate

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• It sounds like you aren't in a very healthy relationship if you think getting yourself help would make your husband use that against you - children DO sense parental tension and upset - but, that said.. there are VERY Hard days and I remember when my son had colic - I thought horrible thoughts too - like I would never DO them but man, sometimes you can relate to what you see on the news in the heat of the moment.. as sad and horrible as that sounds, that is what made me seek my own help FOR my child
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• stay calm, go somewhere the kids can't see u, and tell them when i come back i will handle it. Or put them in timeout, and while they are in time out go outside, take a breather count to 10 and walk back inside. then explain why they were in time out and it upsets u when they don't listen to u. then hugs and kisses
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 5:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you go to counseling, and just say you are going to counseling, their dad will not know why. Whatever is said between you and the counselor can not be revealed.
    We all get overwhelmed at times. You are a good mother by giving yourself a 'time out'. You are doing a great job! But, like I said, if you would like counseling to help with the stress--Go for it! The counselor can not tell what you talk about, so he will never know.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011