Electronic cigarettes?

I tried one last year and LOVED it. Im trying to quit and would like to buy some to start the process. Any advice or experience with them? If so what brand? I tried Smoke Free. TIA!

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• I just want to be able to watch the answers too because i have wanted to try these too.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'm watching too, my mom is looking to buy them. They're sold out everywhere locally.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Tell your mom to try SmokeFree.com or 711.
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My husband has one, he still smokes but is using it to help him cut back and is replacing much of his regular smoking with it, I'm not sure what brand it is
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't have a good one (a friend bough a cheap one and gave it to me), but I'm probably going to order the Blu cigarette. I've read and heard really great things about it and it's not super expensive. They have several flavors (regular tobacco, menthol, cherry and java I think) and each of them come in different nicotine strengths so you can step down gradually to no nicotine (they even come nicotine free).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• DH bought one when we took a road trip with my parents and he couldn't smoke in the car. It was pretty cool so i thought i'd try it. It tasted much better than a gross regular cigarette but it still made me choke. I guess that means it was working :)
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my friend has one, she says the only drawback is you can only take 3 hits per minute, because otherwise it would be very easy to over-dose on nicotine. i think it would be a great step in the quitting process, and best of all, it doesn't have any of the nasty chemicals in it that cigarettes have. its just pure nicotine, which essentially isn't the killer, it's all the shit they put inside cigarettes that kill.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I just recently quit. I used the BLU starter pack. I have been completely nicotine free now for two months.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 5:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I've never smoked but I think these are great! Very cool technology. Good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thanks Mrscoop :)
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2011