Animal Lover or weird Cat Lady?

At what point does someone stop being just an animal lover with pets and start being a weird cat lady with hoarding tendancies - is there an acceptable number of pets before it gets weird???

myheartx4

Asked by myheartx4 at 5:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pets

• i would say when you have more then 5 cats.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Hmm... I have 2 cats and a 6 month old kitten.. I am an animal lover but I will officially become the crazy cat lady with one more - 3 is enough for me.. cleaning their boxes 2 times a day and re-adding food and "fresh ice cold water" for their water bowls.. plus the hair and the fighting between them - yeah, one more would turn me in to that crazy lady..lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think that more than 3 is too many.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think 3 or 4 is the max if you want to be considered normal.

Cats don't live in herds and aren't meant to. Plus, you can't give enough personal attention to each animal if you have too many. Most cats like to have their person all to themselves and surely a good pet owner is more concerned with thier pets happiness than fulfilling thier own desires, KWIM?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 5:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• For me anymore then 2 is too much. Why would anyone need more then 2 cats?

Answer by gemgem at 5:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh good. I have 2 cats and we just got a new kitten for my daughter - was in bed last night in a sweat wondering if I'd crossed that invisible line. Lucky I don't have to start wearing straw hats and carrying animals in my handbag.just yet. LOL
    myheartx4

Comment by myheartx4 (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• 3 is the magic number where you start to watch that person and more then they've gone off the rocker to crazy cat lady status lol.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The number varies, by state and personal opinion. I think 3 or 4 is the maximum. I had some friends in Texas that had 10 cats and they were still adding-it was awful.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i think 3 is the limit before you cross the line.
    poshkat

Answer by poshkat at 6:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It depends on the situation. We have 17. One hangs out upstairs, one hangs out in the family room, one in the office and the two brothers are in the living room. One only comes inside when it is really cold. The inside cats have a huge pen with a tree and cat play structure. The other 11 have 6.5 acres, two out buildings and are pretty feral. We have trapped them, gotten them fixed and provide clean water and food. They in turn make sure we have no rodents or small snakes around. The inside cats were all too small when we found them to return outside.
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011