My daughter was at school and some 7th grade boy put gum in her hair...

I called the school and they just said that if he saw the dean then he was most likely reprimanded.

But my DD had to take a shower because she said she hates germs. I am so upset! We had to cut out some of her hair.

The school did not let her call us, they made her go through the rest of 6th period with gum in her hair. Then she had to ride the bus home.

idaspida

Asked by idaspida at 6:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Id be more mad at the school then the boy. He probably has a crush on her.

Answer by gemgem at 6:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yeah, I'd be more upset that the school forced her to go through the rest of class like that and then ride the bus. Those kind of things are best attended to right away. The longer it stays in there, the harder it is to get out and the more hair it's going to have stuck in it. Plus that's just downright GROSS.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 6:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'd be having words with the school about them not allowing her to call home and making her go thru the rest of the day with bum in her hair. That is seriously disgusting. Boys do weird stuff at times....when hubby was in, I think, 5th or 6th grade, he got mad at the girl who sat in front of him and he cut off her pony-tail....he was in some serious trouble....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• bum = GUM.....
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Poor girl thats not fair. I find peanut butter takes gum out of hair. My daughter use to get gum in her long hair a lot.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I agree with what the other moms are saying. I would be madder that the school did not let her call home than I would be about the boy putting gum in her hair. He probably likes her. We all know boys usually do weird things when they like a girl. I remember my son's teacher calling me when he was in, I think, sixth grade, when he put gum in a girls hair. Turns out he had a crush on the girl.
    austinsmom95

Answer by austinsmom95 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i would have been pissed did u tell the school distict supervisor
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 11:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• that is so terrible , that happened to me in 8th grade, mean girls! that is so humiliating at that age, mayonnaise get gum out of anything, that does suck her having to resume the day like that, So the school didnt give you the info on the punishment of the boy? that is Strange
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 12:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011