Please answer-Do you think it's wrong to ask God to let you win the lottery?

I really don't know. Jesus says over and over again in the bible anything you ask will be given to you, ect. As far as I know it doesn't say anything about asking for money being a sin?

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• nope
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you believe you're actually talking to God then you also probably believe that gambling is wrong in which case, yes, it would be wrong to ask to win the lottery.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think that if you fall on hard times, there is nothing wrong with asking God to help....but as far as asking to win the lottery, who knows....
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I thought that fell under gambling...and gambling was a sin...
    ?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't know that it's necessarily 'wrong' but I don't think it's quite what Jesus had in mind when he said 'ask and it will be given.' I kind of think if we are going to ask God for things, let it be for strength, and patience, and wisdom. Somehow sincere spirituality and materialism don't fit together for me, but that's just me and I know there are churches who are big on praying for material success.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• IT is wrong, God does not like gambeling, or lottery.... he does not like people who are money hungry... not saying you are, but its different if you ask him, to help you provide enough for a bill, to get through, like on something that you really need... there are ppl with health problems, I think thats more of a major prayer to be answered other then winning the lottery... but of course I dont know your finacancial status... if your praying for that, must mean you need money... just hang in there, everyone is going through hard times, instead just ask God to let you get through these hard times, and provide you enough with what you need to get through day by day...
    Kandis20

Answer by Kandis20 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I don't know if it's wrong, but I think it's missing the main point of prayer. You can pray for things but you also have to work for them. I just don't think these types of prayers work and if you are really connected to God and believe in a higher purpose this wouldn't be what you'd want to pray for. It's better to pray for financial security, but you also have to work at making this happen for yourself.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Awesome answers ladies! Thanks:)
    JackieGirl007

Comment by JackieGirl007 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My husband's cousin won the lottery. He has had a lot of bad luck after that in health and his daughter came out of the closet and he never saw it coming, he was totally blindsided. His father is dying in a hospice and is wifey is really sick all the time and is afraid to leave the house.
    Anonymous

• He prayed to the bible for a win and lost in the end
    Anonymous