How many of you are annoyed with people BLAMING obama for the problems we have?

It drives me crazy when people bash and criticize our president. I always wonder if they realize how BAD it was before he was elected. Do they not understand it takes a while to clean up that mess? And how can they act like bush was better? If I recall correctly, Bush SR got us into boat loads of debt. Clinton cleaned it up. Then bush (jr?) gets us not only into a ridiculous war with Iraq (when focus should have been Afghanistan alone) BUT into enormous debts and a recession!! We were as close to a depression as we have been in foreverrrr because of him. Poor Obama comes into office to deal with one big clusterf***k. And, all he does is get bashed? Hes been in office 2+ years and all some people can do is criticize? I just do NOT get it. Did they expect him to snap his fingers and all be perfect?? Does this make anyone else crazy!?!

JDmommyJD

Asked by JDmommyJD at 6:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• How many of you are annoyed with people BLAMING obama for the problems we have?

The problems we have? Nah... I hold Obama accountable to the words he says and the lies he made...Along with the problems HE has played an instrumental part in... ;o)  MANY Presidents have played a part in where we are today....  Obama is far from immune...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It drives me crazy when people bash and criticize our president.

Part of living in a free republic is the right to free speech and a voice in government. That includes criticism of the commander in chief and the job he is doing, however well or poorly he does it.

I always wonder if they realize how BAD it was before he was elected.

All aspects of the global economy worsened in the 2 years since Obama has taken office. This is directly due in part to his policies, spearheaded by his office, written and passed by a democratic supermajority in both houses of congress, and then signed by him, personally.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We were as close to a depression as we have been in foreverrrr because of him.

No, we were and still are close to a depression as we've been in about 90 years due to the global economy and bad policy decisions that go back 20 years. Not that depressions are all that uncommon. We had them about every 20-25 years prior to the "great" one.

Poor Obama comes into office to deal with one big clusterf***k.

Nobody put a gun to his head. On the contrary, he spent MILLIONS of dollars begging and pleading for the job. He even flew to Europe and campaigned for it therer. He asked for it, he received it, and so far, over 24 months, he has failed to do that job for which he begged and pleaded, million dollar columns and all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• No, I'm far more annoyed by people who don't have the first clue what they're talking about running around ranting about politics, and then expecting people to take them seriously.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• just because you may not agree with me does not mean I dont have a clue..

I don't find you clueless due to your disagreement, I find you clueless based on the content of your original posting and subsequent comments. In other words, you have yet to demonstrate you possess a clue. To the contrary, you have demonstrated that you really don't have much grasp at all on how the economy or the assorted branches of government operate. If you did, you would know how silly you sound.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If I recall correctly, Bush SR got us into boat loads of debt.

You recall incorrectly. There were two spikes in the debt while GHW was in office, these tend to occur during times of war. The debt was also on a downswing long before he left office. He didn't "leave a mess" for anyone to clean up.

Clinton cleaned it up.

You again recall incorrectly. The debt ceiling was raised at least 8 times while Clinton was in office.
    NotPanicking

• Poor Obama comes into office to deal with one big clusterf***k. And, all he does is get bashed? Hes been in office 2+ years and all some people can do is criticize? I just do NOT get it.

***

Obviously.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh, I don't JUST blame him. I blame past presidents and congresses since one is nothing without the other. And no, I'm not sick of it. It's politics, not personal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• And, unless im the only one who feels this way - according to recent polls im not- you must be hmmmmmm a republican perhaps?

***
    Actually NO! Most of us who disagree with Obama's POLICIES are registered INDEPENDENTS, Libertarians, or Constitutionalists!
    I know, I know, independent thinkers, what will they think of next?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• sisteract- I get the hes currently king of hte hill so its now all on him thing. What makes it most frustrating tho is the fact that people will criticize him and praise bush at the same time.

***
    Okay so MAYBE you are a newbie! Because otherwise you would know that those of us who criticize Obama ALSO criticized Bush....and Clinton...and Bush....and Reagan.....and Carter....and......

We are not so blinded by party affiliation that we cannot see the faults of EVERY past president. What's "funny" is those who cannot see ANY problems with Obama accuse those of us who DO see problems with Obama as being blinded by OUR party affiliation!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011