For all the first time moms- are you mortified to get pregnant again before your ready?

I have an amazing 8 month old baby girl, and definately want another. BUT- dont plan on getting pregnant again until she is at least 1 1/2-2... I am SO afraid my pill wont work and I'll get pregnant again before I'm ready. Can anyone else relate?

(I asked this Q in the just for fun section as well, no need to answer 2X's if you already did-unless you want to!, thanks!!)

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 9:19 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Ha ha ha! It is hilarious that you ask that! My son is not quite 9 months, and I was on Yasmin. About 2 weeks ago, I started getting moody, smells changed, I was getting sick. . .guess what! I am pregnant again! I was completely mortified when I found out. But the more I get used to it, the more excited I am. We are hoping for a little girl! I am right there with you, I wanted them close, but not THIS close! And I would still recommend doing everything you can to prevent it, but if by chance it does happen, you will adjust to the idea, and I promise, it won't be as dier as you think. :) Good luck :)
    blu_jeenz

Answer by blu_jeenz at 9:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• HA HA HA!! I was there! My first was just 5 months old when we got preggers with #2... AHHH!!! I cried for days! Or weeks... Now we are one big crazy mostly happy family... Trust me even if it happens you'll survive... I didn't want a second EVER and I did just fine!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have an 8 month old and want to wait until he is at least 3 to get pg. again. I am nervous that it will happen sooner than i want but, but not scared. if it happens than it was meant to happen. you might talk to your dr..... she might be able to help you with your fears.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:03 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Haha yes!! I asked this question before too. We now use condoms AND I'm on the NuvaRing because I'm terrified that I'm going to get pregnant again! I have a co-worker who's sister tried 3 different prescription birth control methods and still got pregnant within months of having each one of her kids! Now I'm convinced thats going to be me lol. I can't wait for my next but definitely not yet!!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm terrified O.O

Now that I know that yes, it CAN and DID happen to me...I don't want another one for at least three to five years. *shudder* Wish me luck, lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:27 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I wouldn't be mortified, but i wouldn't be thrilled ether lol. I have a IUD though and the doc reassured me that its even better than getting your tubes tied. I dont think I would be able to handle it if it did happen. I already babysit my 23 month old nephew who's only 13 months older than my son who is 10 months. It was insane for the first couple of months but now its easier.
    LadyUsagi

Answer by LadyUsagi at 10:38 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Ha... my son was only 2 1/2 months old when I got pregnant with my second. The doctors made a joke that I must have gotten pregnant in the hospital. I was scared but it turned out to be so awsome.
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I was scared when i had my first daughter. She was 9 months old when i got pregnant with my son i had the IUD in but i still got pregnant. now my daughter is 4 and son is 2 1/2 and im still scared to get pregnant lol.

I also baby sit my 2 nieces one is going to be to december the other is 10 months old.
    Jolenemom2

Answer by Jolenemom2 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• yes i would be so so scared, not so much as mortified, but that is the reason i got the Mireana IUD because i know that pills dont really work if you miss one day-so i got the IUD- the best thing in the world espically with my son im too busy and i would forget to take the pill. its truly been a life saver. lol
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

• When I first came home from the hospital, I was terrified I would get pregnant again! We didn't have sex for 2 months....a whole month after I stopped my bleeding, lol, because i was terrified that even if we used protection somehow I would get pregnant again!

Now that she is 6 months I am not as scared. Now I am back to where I was pre-pregnancy....if it happens it happens, it will be alright. I survived the first 6 months with my daughter, lol, and if I were to get pregnant right this second she would be 15 months when I gave birth, so thats really not too bad.

I just did not want to be like my aunt....my cousins are 11 months apart O.o
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:33 PM on Nov. 21, 2008