For those early morning workouters! How do you find the motivation?

I wake up and am always like screw it, and go back to bed. How do you keep yourself from hitting the snooze button?

Mommy2JoshNJake

Asked by Mommy2JoshNJake at 6:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd just force myself up and get it done. I know that I'll feel great after the workout and shower and I'll be pumped and ready to take on the day.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:32 AM on Mar. 18, 2011

• lol try going to bed about a half hour or so earlier....but once you get in the routine of it, you will see that you feel like you have more energy throughout the day!! I just started last week.... and have been going to the gym at 6:15....good luck!!!
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I remind myself how good I feel after an early morning workout!

Answer by older at 6:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I can't hit the snooze button...I need to get up with my 19 month old and get my 4 yr old to PreK. After I drop off my older child I head to the gym.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I remember I'll feel better that I got up and did it. If I don't, then I regret it. You've got to make it a habit. Commit to doing it for a couple weeks. See if a friend will workout with you- having an accountability partner always helps too!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 7:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's not easy but maybe getting your partner to be your motivation by making you get going :)
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I will never be a morning person, I have tried. I can stay up late to get anything done but mornings are just not functional time for me no matter how hard I try.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 6:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I just feel better when I start my day with exercise, and I know that if I don't do it in the morning, it won't happen. I then feel like crap all day, and get upset with myself for no exercising. So doing it feels better than not doing it. Planning ahead to get to bed earlier really helps. Settin out everything you need the night before and psyching yourself up makes a difference.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I need to wake up earlier but its so hard for me, also!
    Crissy9832

Answer by Crissy9832 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I could never motivate myself to work out in the morning.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 7:40 PM on Mar. 5, 2011