Why do people dress their dogs up?

whats the point? ITS A DOG. i understand a cute little shirt with your favorite team of it but seriously. its a dog not a baby. have any of you ever seen dogs try to walk with booties on? they dont know how because they think their feet dissapeared. can someone explain this to me???

poshkat

Asked by poshkat at 6:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pets

• To each his own.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 6:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I HATE seeing animals wearing clothing. If a dog could talk it would tell you it doesn't want or need clothes on. It annoys the crap out of me. A dog (or whatever you're trying to dress) is NOT a person. You may feel like its "cute" or somehow necessary to your mental health but really, animals aren't people, no matter what kind of booties, coat, or frilly thing you put them in.
    Anonymous

• A lot of people just think it's cute and of course, there are those to whom their pets are like the children they never had and they become just as important to them. We have a small dog and when he is clipped the way he is supposed to be, we put a doggy sweater on him when we take him out in cold weather just simply so he's warm enough and doesn't get ill. Sometimes it does have to do with keeping those really small dogs healthy.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 6:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My sister bought a naked dog because of allergies. In the winter, she dresses up her dog so it can stay warm. She dressed it up for Halloween because she wanted her entire family to dress up and so be it, her dog is a member of her family...but in the summer...her dog roams around in the buff just like a toddler going through potty training! Ooh and diapers...on certain times of the dog months...when the dog's in heat. -Shrugs-

I don't know if I would do it if I had a dog. I'd like a dog with fur I know that much lol.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• lol I wonder that all the time. It's not like the dog is thrilled about it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• They are making the dogs their children.
    Nitestalker

Answer by Nitestalker at 12:09 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't get it either.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:40 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think Yorkies are a whole different type of dog ...

tasches

Answer by tasches at 12:42 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• It's ok for picture taking and special occasions, but i would not make them wear outfits all the time.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 7:24 AM on Mar. 5, 2011