2 year old problems

Any advice would be awesome...

My 2yo DD is really on my last, God forsaking nerve. I know it's "terrible two's". However, she'll pick things up and throw them...for no reason. I make her pick them up and place them back.

Or, she'll take things apart. I'll smack her on the hand and say "no".

Then, she'll cry, and wants to be held. I don't give in, but....she is really pushing me today.

If she doesn't get her way, she'll throw herself on the floor. Or she'll smack me...omfg. She is cruising for it today...

kk, venting helped a lil.

Chloesmom1126

Asked by Chloesmom1126 at 6:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Keep remembering that she is 2!!!! When she throws something, TAKE IT AWAY. When she takes something apart, THROW IT OUT. You do not need to smack her hand because you are making it a game to her. When she hits you (which could be a learned behavior from you smacking her hand), WALK AWAY. Let her throw herself on the floor and throw her tantrum, IGNORE IT!!! Also, when she is crying, even because she was punished, she NEEDS to be hugged. She needs to be shown that she is still loved when she makes poor choices.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Those terrible 2's are terrible. Wait until she is 12;) I have 3 dss. Whenever they throw toys like she is doing, I would put away all of the toys. Some days, like the day you are having, I have quiet time. After lunch, I would make them go to their room for quiet time. They stayed in their room to either take a nap or to play quietly. It always gave me some mommy time.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Have realistic rules for her and make sure you and your SO spend quality one on one time with her too. Sometimes they go for the negative attention when they do not get enough positive attention.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011