Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


When I was about 17 my dad had an affair and the lady ended up pregnant .... she was with other men at the time and they never did a DNA test to see if my dad was the bio father but he signed away on the papers to give the son "Landon" up for adoption .... the adoptive parents where chosen before the baby was ever born and were here for the birth and took over custody of Landon right away. They were from another state and lived in our state until Landon was a month old I believe maybe a little longer. I didnt find out until the baby was born and all was said and done. Now I at one time had to adpotion papers and spole with the adoptive mother and told her who I was. I have since misplaced the papers .... is there any way to get them again so I can contact her. I know the lawyer they went through. I would really like to check on him. Any advice on how to contact the mother and how to get the info! THANKS!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Adoption

Answers (5)
  • try calling the lawyer again and explain you have spoken with the adoptive parents and lost their contact information.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • Ask the lawyer to contact the aparents and get permission to give you contact info.

    Answer by onethentwins at 4:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • I would echo the advice above. I think that this is an important thing for all of us in the adoption triad to hear and recognize. Often there is a continuing desire of extended birth family to know about their relatives (sibling in this case) that were relinquished. Even when the blood relationship is in question, often a bond can occur and older siblings, aunts/uncles, grandparents continue to thinkg about these children throughout their lives. As an adult adoptee who is not in reunion it really makes me think hard that its possible that other relatives (besides my birth mom and dad) may be also thinking about me. I hope that you are able to reconnect!

    Answer by PortAngeles1969 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2008

  • bump onethentwins

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

  • If it was a closed adoption your kind of out of luck they won't give you anything.. But if it's open they should. But I would call the lawyer and ask him to get permission from the adoptive parents first.


    Answer by Mazie0723 at 4:39 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.