Anybody else hate it when...

Your baby has to get shots? My one year old had to get 4 shots today and is so sick :( she won't even move off the couch.

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh, hugs :) I hate it, too . . . it breaks my heart anytime they don't feel well.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It sucks, but it's so much better than them getting the diseases the vaccines prevent! I just take good care of my LO on shots days. Lots of love and kisses!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Not really. I know that the shots will help protect my child from diseases that can kill him. Yes, I give extra cuddles and love when he is sick, but no I don't feel bad. It is not something I can control.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Well, my son is 4 now but I still hate it! I think I hate it more now then I used to because now he remembers how bad they hurt and fights if he has to back! This last time he kicked the male attendent who was holding his legs (not in very smart fashion) between his own legs. He obviously did not know the power of a 4 year old boys legs when they are being stuck with a needle cause my son kicked him between the legs! But now, we can't drive by the hospital without my son yelling he is getting no more shots :(
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 6:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• that is funny tthat u said that. My 3 year old had to get a shot today as well and almost kicked the guy between the legs twice. We removed her shoes lol.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• none of my kids minded much getting shots. however, my 3 year old screams at the sight of a scale... he hates getting weighed. after that, shots are easy.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 6:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You're always going to hate it. They are always so pitiful looking afterward, moping around like you took their fav toy. It doesnt get easier for you but they take it better as they get older a little crying and then they get something from the treasure box clears it up:)
    mommy1114

Answer by mommy1114 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes I hate it. But it passes pretty quickly for mine so it doesn't last long.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:39 AM on Mar. 5, 2011