Your kids....

How much of a difference in age are your kids?

I have a son who is 8 1/2 and my fiance and I are planning for a baby shortly after we are married...

I kind of wonder if the age difference is going to be too much??

Pro's/cons?

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• my son will be 4 at the end of june and my daughter will be 1 at the beginning of july
    newlife627

Answer by newlife627 at 6:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It really depends on the child and how they are brought up. My sister and I are 17 months and faught like no other. My mom always told her friends to space your kids far apart so that they can appreciate eachother. It works for some and not others. Sometimes the close age helps kids get closer. there is no right or wrong answer. My dd is 4 and Im not pregnant so I have a good gap going lol. GL!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My first two are 11 mo 3 wks apart. I liked the age difference...later lol. At first, my oldest was too young to realize what was going on and was still attached to her stuff...didn't get to really be a baby so there were uh ohs. Later...at 2-3 years...it got easier. Potty training and what not...it got better. The gaps now...3 years b/w my 2nd and 3rd and my 3rd and 4th. It was a bit more of a relief and I had time to work on everything else WITH my kids rather than focus on their needs and let things fall.

With an 8 year and up gap...they at least have an understanding that kids are hard work...or that babies are at least. You'd have your helper, you'd have your time to unwind and to be you. You may not remember everything, but it comes to you eventually. Whatever works!
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• mine are differ

I have 5 girls and 1 son
    DD 1- 11 (will be 12 in Aug)
    DD 2- 10 (just turned in Feb)
    only son who was still born (would be 8 going on 9)
    DD 3- 6 (will be 7 in Aug)
    DD4- is 4( will be 5 next month)
    DD5 - just turned 2 in Feb

and my sister and I are only 11 months apart we were and still are very close
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 6:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• 22, 18, 13, 7 & 2 yrs. old
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• *ooops...hit 7 instead of 6!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I only have one kid...but my brothers were 13, 11, and 7 when I was born. We all get along fine.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My DH and his brother were 8 years apart and they were never really close...HOWEVER, I really think that's b/c of the way his mother raised them. She is currently playing faves between my kids.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:04 PM on Mar. 5, 2011