Growing up

For those who had a hard childhood. Do you think that your parents did the best they could at the time?...or could they have done better?

sondaughter312

Asked by sondaughter312 at 6:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• My mother *definitely* could have done better by me and my sister. She left me with my grandparents when I was a tiny baby to go off and do drugs. She was CONSTANTLY trying to jerk me away from them after a couple years when I was settled FINALLY and not having the nightmares anymore. My life as a small child was in constant turmoil because of her.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Every one can do better but I never apportion blame to anyone~ I always say that you choose how your future will be so I don't spend time thinking of what coulc have been but I work on what I can do in the present to secure my future.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 7:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• meh they probably could have done better but i wouldn't be who I am today if it were not for the job they did as they did it.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 7:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• They could have done ALOT better

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I definitely don't think my parents did the best they could (well, my biological parents, that it). There's no excuse for beating your child daily and forcing her to raise her younger sibling, care for the house, pets, the parents, etc. in my opinion. That's just the cliff notes of things.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011