How long did it take you to save your marriage or for things to get better after almost getting a divorce?

It's been 3 months still not great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• Have you ever watched Fire Proof. Kirk Cameron is in that movie. It is totally awesome. In the movie, he and his wife are on the verge of divorce. She wants to call it quits, and he doesn't. It shows the struggles they went through. At the end of the movie, they give a website that anyone can go to when they aren't ready to give up on their marriage. I hope this helps.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh ok thank you!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Don't give up hope yet dear~ Nothing good comes easy so hang in there. give it 110% just do your part. All the best
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 7:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We were "separated" for a year.We got back together last October right around our 3rd wedding anniversary. Things were weird for a while, but over all they're better than ever now. We're closer, more open about our feelings, we fight way less (we've only had two minor fights that lasted about 5 minutes), we're more open and comfortable sexually, etc.

Three months isn't very long, it's going to take time. Check out some relationship help books, couple's therapy, etc. and I have to second the vote for the movie Fireproof. That movie is what made me realize that I still loved my husband and wanted to fix things.It really changed my perspective. It's a Christian themed movie based on a book called The Love Dare, but even as a non-Christian, it really helped me. I know people don't think highly of him, but Dr. Phil's relationship workbook and the book that goes with it helped me, too. Good luck hun! If you need to talk, I'm here.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• For us, it took almost a year and we still have issues that creep back up. It's not overnight, hang in there. Try to stay focused on why you fell in love and hold on to that when it gets rough.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:11 PM on Mar. 4, 2011