Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Support

My husband and I have been separated for 3 months, and al tough he is giving me money, 200 a week for 2 kids. I feel like it is not enough. He makes 23 and hour and gets paid weekly. Is this ok of an amount or should I ask for more? I still haven't done the process of child support, I don't know I guess I feel like there's a possibility for our marriage.

Answer Question

Asked by pinky416 at 6:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 2 (6 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • I would get it determined by the child support agency to see if he should be paying more.

    Answer by MrsMWF at 6:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • If you establish child support, and end up re-married, you can cancel the child support order by showing the marriage license. So you should probably open a case and let the courts decide what's enough. Save yourself the argument.

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Find the online Child Support Calculator for your state and run the numbers through that.

    Answer by desert_diva at 7:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Hi ladies, thanks for getting back to me. I truly appreciate it.

    Comment by pinky416 (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Mar. 9, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.