Where do your kids get shots?

When my son was a baby he got them in his legs. Then as soon as he started walking they told me he was to get them in his arm from now on. Since they are walking around they give them shots in their arms. But we moved to a new doctor last year and they put them in his legs again! I even asked and told they what they last doctor told me and they said they always do legs. Granted, this is a military facility so I don't put a whole lot of faith in them knowing everything, lol. But what have you been told about where shots are given?

ILoveCade

Asked by ILoveCade at 7:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• always in the leg. There is more meat there. Even my son who is six gets them in the legs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My daughter had her shots in the legs until she was able to walk. But I was never told why.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Always in the leg, I agree with the first poster. They do that because there's more fat and muscle, so it supposedly doesn't hurt as bad. My son is 5. Even as an adult when I need a shot Dr.'s will ask me arm or upper thigh. I pick arm just out of comfort of not having to drop my pants, but if I wanted they'd give the shot in the leg.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• all my kids ages 5 & under get their shots on their thighs.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 7:12 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Legs for my smallest one :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Mine get them in both . . . doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's an intramuscular injection and should be done in the thigh until their arms are big enough.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• both of my boys get shots in their thighs and they are 2 and 5.
    shortmommy23

Answer by shortmommy23 at 8:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• my kids don't get shots. i do remember my baby brother laying on the sofa unable to move after one set of shots. it was very ptitiful!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My son is two, and they always do the legs.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011