How could this be?????

I am 12 1/2 weeks pregnant with my second and have gained 5 pounds. When I had my daughter 5 years ago, at this point in the pregnancy I had only gained 1 pound. I don't understand because back then I sat at the office all day, ate crap for lunch and came home & went straight to bed. With this one, I am eating better, exercising at least 3 times a week and am just alot more active. I am 33 now versus 28. Is thst t ot is it the second baby thing? And before I got pregnant, I could eat just about anything I wanted and not gain so why am I gaining now??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different, even for the same woman. You will just need to watch your food intake more this time around.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would guess just your bodies reaction to the pregnancy. You're older, so metabolism during this pregnancy is probably different then the last. And generally speaking women tend to gain more faster the second time around. As long as you continue to eat healthy and exercise, more then likely it'll all even out in the end. You might gain 5lbs now, but then slow down further along, then pick back up at the end. As long as it's a healthy weight gain at the end, what you and your dr discussed, the little numbers in between don't matter so much. If you consistently are gaining way more then you should, and are eating and exercising, then mentioning it to your dr. wouldn't hurt.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:07 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Are you kidding? Only 5 pounds? Wanna have my next baby for me? :) You are so lucky.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Your second child is going to be different in every way:) with my daughter I lost 25lbs throughout my pregnancy with my son I gained and gained and afterwards never lost it. I think your body has already gone through it once and is there is no good answer , youre body reacts differently to every baby. you'll just have to work harder to get it off afterwards:)
    mommy1114

Answer by mommy1114 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's only 5 lbs. Take it easy. You're pregnant, you're supposed to gain a little weight.
    Anonymous

• Every pregnancy is different. Seems like you are doing all the right things and leading a healthy lifestyle. That's the best thing you can do for yourself and your baby. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It's a second baby thing, and also an age thing. You'll have to be careful about the weight gain, and it seems that with your lifestyle changes, you're on the right track.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2011