I am planning a baby shower for my daughter.

I am planning a baby shower for my daughter. She is due July 5th, she lost her brother 3 months ago and she wants the theme to be about him, and she is having a little boy and she is going to name him after her brother. I was going to do it in motorcycles cuz he loved doing that. Do you think this is wrong? Or should i do another theme.

shiffy2

Asked by shiffy2 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Tough one. It's a sweet idea, but a little depressing. If she wants it though, it could be very nice.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Aw you're such a good mom! Is the theme a surprise? Cuz maybe you can ask her what she would think or how it would make her feel. I think motorcycles would be good, but I'm not sure her feelings or anything on it.
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I think you as her mother need to help her to heal and move forward. Naming her son after her brother is a sweet gesture but it is so soon I hope she isn't jumping into it. If her son has his name is she or anyone else int he family going to sub conscientiously expect this child to be 'like' her brother. I mean is she going to wish or him to like the same things and have the same kind of personality? I only say this because this happened to a friend of mine. She named her son after her brother and then her mother started making constant comparisons between her late brother and her son. She had to finally tel her mother to stop because just because her son and her brother had the smae name did not make them the same person.
    Anonymous

• i aggree with the anonymous post but if her heart is set i'd let it be...
    i dont know about mororcyles y not do something with a purk like a favorite place he liked ex hawaiii u could do a luao< dont know if thats how u spell it
    Dani3lla

Answer by Dani3lla at 8:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• That is tough. I get that she wants to remember her brother, and I think that's great, but I do think it's a bit depressing, too. It is her shower though, so if that's what she really wants, I'd go for it.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• talk with your daughter again to make sure her grieving process isn't going to overshadow the celebration of the baby. this is a terrible situation-
    i agree with the naming also. perhaps a middle name- whatever she and her husband want of course, but death and birth are 2 huge events in life and having 2 happen so close together it would be hard not to have one spill over onto the other now, but might be a regretful move later down the road.
    good luck:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Motorcycles is good

Answer by admckenzie at 11:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You're doing this for her, so whatever she wants would be fine. I think it would be a nice tribute, and I think people will like it. I live near Daytona Beach, and it's just starting Bike Week here. Over 50,000 bikes from all over the world will be here. The Biker theme wouldn't seem strange at all here!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2011