CHICKENS!!!

Okay so I've owned them once before but they got eaten by the next door neighbours dog! But any advice cause it's been a second since I've owned them. lol I love my little chicks! Their 2 days old and I have americaunas they ones that lay all the cool colored eggs!

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 7:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pets

• My Chic died yesterday...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:08 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have backyard chickens. I would say to make sure you bury wire at least a foot under the coop to prevent any animals from trying to get into the coop and eat your chicks. I let my chicks out in the yard during the evening while I garden. They put themself up as soon as the sun goes down and I just have to close the door. Also make sure to keep your chicks warm until their feathers come in. If you have any questions let me know!! I love my girls, they are wonderful pets!!

Oh and I have two bantams, one blue and one red americana, one barred rock, and one cochin.
    brenatens

Answer by brenatens at 4:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2011

• There is an awesome chicken site on the web, a forum with thousands of people to answer your questions! Come on over and join us at backyardchickens.com.
    purpleswiper458

Answer by purpleswiper458 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 7, 2011