Have you looked at you life and said.....how the heck did I end up here??

Especially in this economy. I've been out of work so long i'm just used to the unhappiness that it brings. Money is short, (along with my temperament sometimes). Some days i'm just sooo un-motivated and don't even get excited about much anymore! 10 Years ago I would not have even dreamed of being in this position, it's like slowing treading water against a 40 foot wave, like a never ending story (you get the point). Some days i'm just plat out lost! What the hell am I gonna do....

mommy2_twins

Asked by mommy2_twins at 7:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• too often.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:02 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yup. Not that my life is bad. But I graduated top 10 of my class and JUST finished my associates degree 6 years later. I am proud that I finally did it and will be going back this fall for my bachelors, but I wonder how I got here when I was on the right track to have a great career. Again, I like the life I have now, just shocked I am here sometimes.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I know this too well! My hubby and I suffered through 3 layoffs in a 7 month span. NOT FUN! I do have to say my lay-off has been a blessing in a disguise because it led me to work from home, in which I LOVE, but my hubby doesn't even make close to what he did before. It's taught us some valuable lessons so I am thankful for that :o) And going through all of this has made me a stronger person!

Chin up hun, it will turn around! It HAS too!
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Congrats. That a HUGE accomplishment. Looks like all you have to do is just keep up what you doing, you'll get there?
    mommy2_twins

Comment by mommy2_twins (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sadly, yes. It's usually when I'm having a bad day and I get down on myself.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have felt like that twice that I remember clearly. First, when I was going through cancer, and second when I was in the peak of my bulimia. At both those times, my mantra became "it can only get better from here". That same thought helped me through miscarriages when we were trying to conceive our first child...try to keep your chin up.

Maybe you could sit down and really think about what things affecting you are far beyond your control, and what are the things you can actually do something about. Sometimes I can get to a point where I think "This is something I can't do an effin thing about, and worrying about it isn't helping anything...it is what it is", and I feel better when I can actually focus my energy on something that I can make progress on.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I ask myself that question everyday.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 11:00 PM on Mar. 4, 2011