I bought a mango today and have never had one before and so my question is what all needs to be done to the mango before it can be eaten.

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 7:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Food & Drink

• 1.Slice off the top and bottom of the fruit (the flat sides, not the round tips). Get as close to the flat seed as possible.
    2.Using a sharp knife, score a crosshatch or tic-tac-toe pattern into the flesh of the fruit. Cut to, but not through, the skin.
    3.Holding the edges in you hands, press the skin with your thumbs to turn the slice inside out. Bite size chunks of fruit will extend from the skin, ready for you to scoop off with a spoon.

Read more at Suite101: How to Cut and Peel a Mango: Mango Preparation http://www.suite101.com/content/how-to-cut-and-peel-a-mango-a36702#ixzz1FaWgyDy7
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Heres a link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_3108_eat-mangoes.html

We just eat it from the skin mainly.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:01 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My husband is Mexican and showed me I could cut around the seed in long slices., then cut it close and peel the fruit from the skin and eat them individually ....He sucks around the seed itself...He wastes nothing!!!!
    .Emeril LaGassi has suggested cutting around the seed, then cutting small cubes, then carefully cutting those away from the skin...It has to be firm to do that ,,,I somehow end up with smushy ones and make a disasterous, juicy mess. They are cheaper to buy as the fresh fruit...but sometimes I cheat and buy it already cut in the jar....;)
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 8:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Mmmmmm...mangos are soooo good!
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 8:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Is it ripe? I think they are the absolute best (so sweet and juicy) when they are ripe/soft enough to leave a bit of sticky mess on your fingers. If it is not ripe enough they can be kind of bland, bitter and dissappointing. Wait until it is ripe, then I peel the skin off and cut slices of the fruit around the pit (like if you were cutting up a peach... if the peach had thick skin that you cut off first). You can eat it alone, or add to yogurt or icecream or even granola or cheerios. Enjoy!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• all you have to do is cut into it and cut it into slices and eat whats inside i love mangoes
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 9:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Wash the mango, slice it and have it..... NO COMPLICATIONS....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2011