Question to those who've had ovarian cysts?

I have an appointment next week to rule out ovarian cysts. Currently I look the way I did when I was 14 weeks pregnant with my son- but according to blood tests and HTPs I am not pregnant (hey are going to rule that out too).

Everything I have read about ovarian cysts says you may feel pain in the lower pevlic area and lower back. The pain I am feeling is more upper abdominal (like top of the uterus) and mid to lower back pain. (my van driving job is not helping matters as I sit in a drivers seat for an hor or two at a time depending on the day... the positioning of the seat is terrible so I'm going to try a pillow)
And may I metion the pain is exactly like it was... if not a little more intense when I was pregnany with my son.

Anyway...for those who had cysts...did you look pregnant? where did you feel pain if any at all? how big were your cysts? I'm going crazy having to wait but next Friday is the earliest the could get me in (I even called today to see if they had an opening tomorrow- they didnt)......

stephanieplante

Asked by stephanieplante at 8:11 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have had a few of them. They only bothered me when they ruptured, which was a very sharp pain in my groin area. The last rupture kept bleeding, and I wound up having to have abdominal surgery to cauterize the bleed on the ovary.

I also definately did experience major bloating in the stomach area with them from the inflammation and extra fluid . .

Good luck! It sounds like you are in good hands.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• i dont feel bloated....just heavy and sore sore sore.
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Your uterus/ovaries lie below your belly button. Upper abdominal sounds more large/small intestine problems

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:27 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• its hard to explain where the pain is lol... top of uterus is probably a better description. but I also realized I did zumba last night too and that could be part of my problem now lol
    stephanieplante

Comment by stephanieplante (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• TMI..warning

I lost my right ovary to PCOS. I didn't feel bloated so much. Definitely lots of pain in the areas you experience period cramps..just way more intense. Sometimes there would be stabbing sharp pains. The night my right ovary began to hemorrhage the Dr's were convinced it was my appendix because my fallopian tube was all adhered to the ovary and it was way, way out of place up near a landmark called McBurneys point (where you expect appendicidal pain). It was the size of a softball.  ood luck.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Hope they get everything figured out, mama. Good luck!
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 9:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011