If you can fix it yourself, do you?

My dh just installed new faucets in my bathroom, put a new light in my ceiling fan, fixed the water pump on my washer, put a battery in my car,and fixed the drain under my kitchen sink. Last week , he put a new heating element in my oven. I can't do any of those things, but I do know how to use post-hole diggers and run fence, and hammer a nail or fix some things.
My question to you all is, do you know how to use a hammer and nails or turn a wrench?

Aprilmorgans

Asked by Aprilmorgans at 9:47 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Of course. But as for all that stuff your husband did, do you think he'd give lessons to mine? :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yep I do. I was a single mom for time and had to know how to do the basic stuff.

Answer by gemgem at 9:51 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• yes i do and i dont ask my husband to do it unless i cant. its gets done quicker if i do it myself
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yep I can actually do all that your dh did. I can fix a car too, with an oil change. I was raised by a single mom of 8 and 5 of the 8 were girls. So ya I can fix just about anything, I have a fix it yourself book for back up and that is what my mom would use too if she didnt know already.
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 10:08 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yup, I do. My husband is a Road Construction Laborer, he works long hard hours. Honestly the last thing he wants to do is come home to rip up old stick and peel tiles, paint or take a Sawzall to the basement floor so I do it. I have to admit I love being a Lowes Girl.
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• LOL..I love my husband, but he works long hours and is frankly a procrastinator. If I had to wait on him to fix things I'd still be waiting. As long as it has nothing to do with the power saw..I can fix it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:31 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I love fixing things myself. In fact in our household I'm the fix it person. I have more patience than my hubby when it comes to assembling furniture and stuff. It just feel very gratifying to be able to do it myself :)
    542Mommy

Answer by 542Mommy at 1:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2008