Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

What can i do about some one verbally abusing their 3year old daughter?


Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Make an anonymous phone call to CPS. Say you want to anonymously report verbal abuse you've heard on repeated occasions from a parent to their 3 year old. Give statements of what you've heard, and any documentations you have to back up the dates and times of the events heard. If this is ongoing I'd make the call, but if you heard a mom yelling at a child at walmart then I'd let it be. You can cause a lot of distress on a family unnecessarily if you assume, so before calling make sure it's true abuse, and not just something you wouldn't say to your child.

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • It is my neighbor and it everyday

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Ah, well in that case by all means yes, call CPS. State it's an ongoing issue you've heard several times, not a 1 time occurrence. You don't have to give your name or any identifying information. Since it's verbal abuse more then likely they will send someone to the house, and just ask to come in to observe. They will let the mom know there's been a complaint, and will observe how she interacts with the child. If they feel something is off a case will be opened, if not they'll close the case. Then if it continues to happen you call again, and again. The more complaints the get the more serious they'll take the complaint. That's so sad, I'm glad she has someone to step up and be her advocate.

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • If only my neighbors did that to my ex-husband. They told me now that I divorced him that my son seems happier now and that they could hear my ex-husband verbally berating my son all the time, even inside their apartments, when I was at work. I knew this was happening, documented it all and divorced his overbearing, mean ass. Just wish I had their statements when I was going through the divorce though. But I'm still glad it's over and he is out of here. It forced him to have a better relationship with his son.

    Answer by rio_burb at 8:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • id call cps about it and let them know i hope it gets taken care of soon before the little girl gets too affected by it

    Answer by mommyof0210 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • Call CPS and make an anonyomous call. You do NOT have to give your name or any information. The more information you know on the child and situation the better. Including address, parents names, dates and what you have heard or seen.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011