What can i do adult content

ok so im pumping cuz my son refuses to breadtfeed but my boobs are so sore i've tried ice packs warm clothes nothing seems to help any ides

Dani3lla

Asked by Dani3lla at 8:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Don't pump to completely empty out the milk, it'll only stimulate to produce more milk. Pump just enough so your boobs don't feel like rocks, after that, put ice packs across your chest. Cold slows the production.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 8:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I've found that pumping more often also can help.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:36 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• What sort of pain? Is it both breasts and the pain of getting use to the pump? Or is it pain in a certain area? Is it stingy or achy?

Also if there is any help that we may offer to get baby back to the breast please just let us know. There are so many knowledgeable women on this site when it comes to breastfeeding.

mama_l

Answer by mama_l at 8:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• if you still want him to have breastmilk, pump and bottle it. if i remember correctly, its good in the fridge for up to 24hrs
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• warm showers worked wonders for me also!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 8:37 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If you are only pumping to relieve some of the pressure in your breasts (and you are sure you will not want to continue breastfeeding), you could just try to take a hot shower and massage your breasts until they feel more normal. I personally found this to be a nice way to handle it (hot showers are so relaxing) and it seemed that each day I produced less milk until we were all done in about 1-2 weeks.

If you want to save the milk, you can also pump and freeze it! Go ahead and pump until your boobs are empty. If you want to gradually cut back while pumping, just pump less frequently and your body will make less and less until you can just stop.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• pump more often i hear from a bf nurse that will help the soarness
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011