Do u thnk its dumb..

i have a few speeding tickets ive gotten in the last two years .
now that i got a job DH says i have to pay him back the 1,000 it cost for them

is it wrong
should i be mad or just pay him back and leave it alone

Dani3lla

Asked by Dani3lla at 8:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• So, do you have to pay him back for using the water, electricity and eating food that your family income paid for until you got a job too??! Seriously, I'd laugh at your husband if I were you.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• tell the asshole to deduct it from what he owes you from your salary from the time you stayed home to take care of the home and family.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• If my husband told me that I would start charging him for cooking, cleaning and child care.

cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ummm,how does he figure the family money is his alone? Wouldn't that be like paying yourself?? Your husband is a dick!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Your HUSBAND is saying that you have to pay him back for paying them? Isn't it FAMILY money?
    I think that's kind of ridiculous, because the way I see it is it was a family bill and family money was used to pay it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I hope he's joking!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 8:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would probably laugh out loud. Granted, I think that is a lot of money to be spent on speeding tickets, but I mean, I'm sure he spends his fair share on stupid things or mistakes too. I have never thought to keep a ledger of who brings and takes what in the house...yeah, that would definitely irritate me.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• How would that even work, it'd be like paying yourself back? In a marriage income becomes one, if hubby gets into an accident the families income pays for it. If you get a speeding ticket, the families income pays for it. My SO and I aren't even married and our money goes into a joint account, so he can pay the bills and just have everything deducted. If I get a speeding ticket then the money is already in this joint account to pay for it. I've been on bed rest and off work since before christmas, so most of the money in the joint account was made by his employment, but if I get a ticket it's still used for said ticket. I don't pay him additional funds. I have to agree your husband sounds kinda ridiculous.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 8:59 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Marriage should be an equal partnership...

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Every couple is different, but when my husband and I had separate accounts, the money went back and forth between the two of us anyway. We have since gone joint.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:30 PM on Mar. 3, 2011