Is this normal?

My 16 month old still sleeps with mama but she still wakes up at night crying. Sometimes she cries in her sleep and it's a heartbreaking cry but she also wakes up and starts crying! Is this normal or what? Something i should address to her pedi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Could be night terrors. Yes talk to the doctor. Our doctor said not to wake them when they do that but make sure it's what that is

Answer by admckenzie at 8:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My children did the same thing . . . wound up being night terrors. I just go in, keep lights and sounds off, lay them back down and rub their backs . . . that tends to soothe them, somehow, out of the terror and back to sound sleeping.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Talk to your doctor and they might be able to give you some advise. How come she is still sleeping in your bed? Because of the night terrors?
    Rae1990

Answer by Rae1990 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ya please do so, the child being so small can't point out the cause. A few babies might face stomach pain at night or is the child scared of her mama being away though she sleeps next to her....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• yes id bring it up to your childs doctor and see what they say good luck
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My oldest coslept until she was about 3, and she didn't do this regularly, but it was occasional. I just gave her extra snuggles and a kiss and it seemed to pass. If she is not easily calmed down and it is something constant, I would worry that it was something more than the occasional bad dream. Maybe bring it up to the doctor. Just a thought, but are you sure she isn't cutting any teeth...maybe that could be a source of pain at that age.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011