I am interested in home schooling my child. how would i go about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow, reading your question makes me wish it were illegal.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Geez i made a typo, no need to personally attack me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had home schooled last year I thought Doing home schooling would be easy.... boy was I Wrong! Home schooling is alot of work. I went though a program called K-12
    K12: Online Public School, Online High School, Online Private ...
    K12 is the number one choice in K-12 online education programs in America. K¹² is the trusted provider of online learning for many tuition-free, ...
    www.k12.com/

Here is the information for you about them. Whats great about K-12 is that it's a public school and all exspenses were paid and funded threw the main school. Good Luck
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 8:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Hey.. if the child has to begin his schooling then school is a better option as per me...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 8:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You weren't attacked. If you have a desire to Homeschool you child you must first be competent. From the information presented in your question, I concluded that you were not a competent candidate for "learning a child how to read".
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:09 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• How old is your child and what state do you live in? I homeschool and would be happy to help! Feel free to PM me if you would like.
    kimberly1981

Answer by kimberly1981 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• NOOOOOO don't do it!! lol. Really though. They will be better off in a public school. Or better yet private school.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Oh good grief, chill out people!!! She asked for information on it, not for your approval!

OP, PM me. I know someone that home schools her kids and loves it and has ALOT of resources!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 9:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• We home school and love it! I think it is the best thing that I have ever done for my kids. I will NEVER send them back to public again! We live in Arizona - Need I say more? You do have to send in an affidavit for your intent to home school, then I would start looking for HS groups in your area. Good luck!
    mom2twingirl797

Answer by mom2twingirl797 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• My background is in education, and if I didn't have experience teaching other children and learning the "tricks of the trade", I wouldn't have felt as comfortable deciding how to approach educating my own children. The state regulations for homeschools vary from no standards to regular involvement between the state and the parents, but a lot of this information is available online through the state website (just search "homeschool" or something similar once you are there). In addition, the Department of Education website for your state will have the curriculum guidelines by grade which are helpful in designing your lesson plans.

My best advice is to make sure you are following the state guidelines, but to utilize a variety of other resources as well. I have bought the guides "What Your First Grader Needs to Know" (they do this for all elementary grades), various workbooks, used various websites for lesson ideas (usually
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011