Anyone watching Dr. Phil right now? Gay Marriage Debate...

Looks to be a Good One.. Feel free to share your comments below

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope, Dr. Phil doesn't come on until 3 pm here. Guess I will have to wait. Although, I would have to suffer through Dr. Phil, so maybe I will just read the responses here.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• It's on here in Indiana. So far, both sides are showing pretty good "opening" statements. SInce I don't live in Cali, I'm kinda glad it's on. I hope to understand better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I have tivoed it. I am working on my desktop today and it's in the other room. I too hope to learn more, since I am in Ohio and not familar with all that happened.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Nah I dont watch dr phil. You know hes a dr of philosophy? After the whole altered tapes he gave the FBI in the natalee holloway thing, then the britney fiasco I kinda see him as an opportunistic fraud LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• anon, I sort of agree. But, this is a good way to give both sides a chance to tell their side, without all of the crazy protesting and negative press.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Yea, I don't watch it normally, but yes I agree with Quinn (again :o) ) for those of us not in Cali, this is a good way to learn.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I'm going to have to watch it, it doesn't come on until 5pm here.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I actually learned a little more. But it wasn't against Prop 8. I learned about Massechussets school kids being told that they had to sit in a discussion of gay marriage. I learned that a San Fran school teacher took her students to a gay marraige as a "learning op" Even if the parents said no, in my opinion is seems like kids could be put in a place of criticism(accused of being a bigot) by their peers, if they do not participate in these moments within schools. So I can see the concern.
    I am actually not for or against. I am on the fence. But i could totally see the issues on why prop 8 yes people were concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

Wow, really I didn't know that.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 11:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Anon, where the heck did you hear that school kids in Massachusetts are being taught in school about gay marriage? I live in Massachusetts, and have never heard such a thing. Perhaps in a current events politics course in High School... but even then I doubt it.
    gypsysmiles

Answer by gypsysmiles at 12:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2008