Being induced question... adult content

so i will be 39 weeks tomarrow and im being induced this mon im not dilated at all and my cervix is still hard..will being induce work or will i end up geting a c-section any ways.. my doc is giving me till tus night if nothing happens and then were going to get the c-section wen..has anyone else been thro this? or something close to this?

he wants to do this because i have bad swelling and my bp keeps getting high and he dont want to wait just in case things start geting worse and im due on the 11th anywasy so its not that its to soon or anything

liljess09

Asked by liljess09 at 9:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No I didn't go through this.....
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 9:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I was induced because my water broke and no contractions. I wasn't progressing very well on the Pitocin and at nearly 29 hours they decided to do a c-section. However, that must have scared the dickens out of my baby because as they were prepping the room and me, he decided it was time and my body did what it needed to do. It is different for every situation. You could go either way. Good luck to you!
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Is there a health reason why you are being induced?

Why not just let your body do its job...it is not unheard of to go to 42 weeks.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:15 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I was induced with my oldest and my cervix was also still hard. They placed cervidal into my cervix to start softening it the night before my induction. It worked rather quickly and the induction was a success.
    kimberly1981

Answer by kimberly1981 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• There are medications they can give you to aid in ripening your cervix called cervidil.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I've been through the same exact thing. They induced me with pitocin, nothing happened I was not dilated at all, I went into labor within 2 hours the contractions were very strong. I stayed in labor for about 15 hours and still I was not dialated at all, the contractions were about 5 minutes apart. But nothing!! I was in pain, and nothing was happening, they took the pitocin out to stop the contractions, and they wanted to send me home. ((I was still having pretty bad contractions long after they took the pitocin out)) So I requested a c-section, I was so tired and just wanted it to end. I was 4 days over due, thats why they suggested to send me home. If you dont dilate after a curtain amount of time, I am sure they will give you a c-section. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to help!! I hope all goes well for you.
    urbuttacup88

Answer by urbuttacup88 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• you should discuss this further with your dr. first of all, understand that the more he does, the more money his group makes. second, with any medical procedure you should always ask...what are the alternatives, and what happens if i do nothing? are you or the baby at risk of harm? a full term pregnancy is what? 38-42 weeks? just because you approach 40 weeks, does not mean yo need a dr. to step in. maybe your baby is just not ready yet?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I was induced with my 3rd at 37 weeks. My cervix was still hard, but they just put me on pitocin and I had her 5 1/2 hours later, no csection. It was actually the best out of my first 3 deliveries (the last two were planned csections).

Answer by missanc at 9:19 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I was induced with both kids, but only because I went over a week overdue with both. I had AWESOME experiences both times. Piece of cake, I was very lucky. But I'm interested in why the Dr. wants to induce you early?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• 1week passed my DD.my last appt they asked me if I would like to be induced. said yes cuz the last month my belly seriously blew up like a good year blimp, baby was moving so hard that he knocked me to the ground, once outside and once in my shower (DH actually ran upstairs to check on me) I knew he was going to be a big baby.went in for induction sunday night, they started me on pitocin, for me, it hurt so bad they had to stop the pitocin.at some point they had break my water to try to move things along.we waited and nothing.they started getting ready to take me in for a c-section (which i really didn't want ) but after your water breaks you can only wait so long before you have to get baby out.so we had to wait a few minutes for the lady in front of me to get done in c-section before I could go.DH and I had our caps on, doc checked on me one last time before I went in and I finally dialated! 9lbs 6oz 22" 3:26 tue am
    jblessing

Answer by jblessing at 9:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011