Help please! Need advice....

So my bf and I are going to get a house in the somewhat near future, I llive in ny and he lives in pa, i only get to see him n weekends, i have 2 very young children and hes there stepfather. Well the only way we can afford a house is if i get a job so do i get a job then a house? but in the mean time where would i live if i had the job before the house? or do i get the house and then the job? i dont know how to go about this......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Relationships

• I think you should get a job before you get the house.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• but where would i stay in the mean time?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Well, where are you planning on living?? Try and research that first, and then the jobs available in those areas. Keep in mind, you can alaways put on your resume that you are looking for employment in a month or so in the future, that way giving your perspective employer a heads up to why you wouldn't be starting right away....sometimes this works best because there are some people that the employer knows either wont be there much longer, or will need to be off work for a while. such as maternity leave, etc. Best of luck to you
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Moving to Pa where he lives because he already has a good job there.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You have to have a job. When you apply for a home loan or an apartment they will want to see paycheck stubs and they will verify you employment through HR. Also for a house you have to have a very large deposit (20% of the retail value of the home).
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 9:50 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Anything about getting a house please let me know, this will be a first for me getting a home w someone :) very excited too! Alot of work though :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You're going to need to be working for awhile before you can take out a loan-I doubt you'd be approved if you didn't have an established job history. I would say save up, get a decent history, build some credit and then apply for a loan. You can always transfer your job to another location or find another job...but you don't want to attempt to buy a house if you're not working...Also keep in mind when you have a house you are in charge of EVERYTHING, including repairs and taxes.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Ok first get Married get a job then get a house because you need income triple the house payment to qualify and you need to be on that job for at least 6 months.
    Second getting married give you half the value of the property in case of Divorce or one of you leaves, its never a good idea to buy a car, house or any big item unless you are married, no hurry do it right and all will work it's way out. If he just buys the house he will be able to kick you out anytime he wants and you have children.....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 5, 2011