How do you close an e-mail in which you've simply answered (pre-)interview questions?

I applied for a job, and the company responded with pre-interview questions. How do you close an e-mail in which all you did was answer questions? "Thanks"? "Ok, I'm done now"? :) Seriously, what do you write? I've researched and can't seen to find anything. I've already started the e-mail with a "thank you for the questions" thing. Should I conclude with something similar? Or open with something else?

I was thinking of "All my best, [new line] my name" in the beginning, after the "thank you," right before my answers. Is that professionally acceptable? I feel like my last answer just hangs there.

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 10:06 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have always said something like:

Thank you for taking the time to consider my application, and I hope this information was helpful. If you have any additional questions, I can be contacted via e-mail at this address or by phone at (xxx) xxx-xxxx. I look forward to hearing from you.

(sign)
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:13 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I like that, Mom-2-3, but how do you differentiate the closing from the questions?
    SlightlyPerfect

Comment by SlightlyPerfect (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Just an extra space, I would say. If you have it set up like: greeting, question, answer, question, answer, question, answer, closing...I wouldn't worry about it too much.

My degree is HR, and we basically just want the answers to your questions (and be able to locate the information readily), don't want to have to struggle to figure out how to contact you, and know that you are capable of reasonably good communication. Maybe bold the question, then answer it in plain...bold the question, answer in plain...it adds structure without becoming too complicated for you or the HR person handling the e-mail.

If it is clear, to the point, and shows some sort of followable structure, I wouldn't worry too much.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Sign it "Very Respectfully" or "Respectfully".

In my job we always shorten that to V/R...but for an email like the above, I'd spell out the whole thing.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 11:42 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Thank you for your interest in my skills and experience. I am looking forward to the next step in the hiring process.

Sincerely,

XXXXX

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011