VA Benifits and PTSD

My husband has PTSD and we do get some VA benifits for it, but we don't know if we are getting all we should. We were told that just by having PTSD he should be consitered 50% disabled, with the other stuff added on (so he would be at least 60%). however, he is at 30% disabled including the PTSD. It was determined that his PTSD didn't impact his life very much. for example, he can still hold a job.

so my question is should his disability be higher? or is it at the right level for how bad his PTSD is?

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 10:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• If he can hold a job they are seeing that it is not affecting his ability to provide. when he did his rating they figured his income and work history too.

My husband has PTSD. He has failed to keep a job and adjust to civilian life. If he doesnt make through VAs Voc. Rehab Systemm he will be considered 50%

I would see if you can talk to someone about his ratings.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You can contact the Veterans Admin. and speak with them. Does he get his pension through the V.A.? I was for awhile and found out by getting my pension through the Army I actually went up 10%.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I get 30% for depression. If I was on meds at the time of my C&P exam I probably would have gotten a higher rating. Though he is getting 30%, if he tries to get a federal job, he has a Veteran's Point Preference for having a 30% or greater rating. You can always file an appeal and try to find some more documentation.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Only the doctors can determine that.
    Anonymous

• Have him talk to a psychologist at the VA Hospital.
    Anonymous

• you would have to call the va or head down to prescott for the day sis only the va could really help you on that one
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 6, 2011