Dentures at 26?

Ok I totally know it is my fault for NOT taking care of my teeth and now my teeth in the back on the top row are rotted. I had one tooth that was so rotted that it fell apart and it shows when I smile and so now I STOPPED showing off my teeth when I smile. I also have a couple more teeth on the top row that are decayed. Now I wanted to wait so that I could get them replaced but now some fincail things came up and now it will be some time until that happens but I do have an oppuranity to get the teeth I need taken out and get dentures for now.
What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Honestly......I would get dental insurance. Find a good plan that has no 'exclusions and no maximum'. I used Blue cross blue sheild in florida and it was great. It's about $12 a month, plus the 'deductables'. But they were that much. Now when it comes to a root canal that will still set you back $1000/ tooth but for all the other teeth that need filling its going to run about $35 a tooth (depending on the insurance of course). But if you wanted to just get those pulled and get a bridge, or what ever... thats up to you.

I had 13 cavities in all...had 2 molars pulled when i was 18, my wisdom teeth came in and tooth their place. (my mouth is small) I had one root canal and had all the others filled. I had any that were in a canine, or on the bottom done in white so you couldnt see the filling when i talked/smiled etc. Those white fillings are $100 a tooth. I think we spent $2500 total.
    Anonymous

• Go for it! You'll give one hell of a blow job!! lol
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I would go for it. Dental work is expensive & broken, missing teeth are hard to live with. Good luck w/ whatever you decide.
    Anonymous

• I would if I was in your situation. There is nothing wrong with dentures at your age. I know several people in that age group that have them either because they didnt take care of their teeth or they just have bad teeth.
    tgeary

Answer by tgeary at 10:31 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am in the same situation. My front tooth has a hole in the front that you can see when I smile. I don't have dental insurance, so I am stuck on what to do. Good luck though!
    ProudMommie87

Answer by ProudMommie87 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• hahaha to the bj comment. but I'd do it!!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 10:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have went to SIX Consultations about getting Dentures b/c i am having Major Problems with All of my teeth- Mine are Breaking like Pretzels! it is Unbelievable & something i wouldn't wish on Anyone to have to deal with- i am getting ready to get it done- i keep putting it off b/c i am Petrified of the dentist & i wanted to make sure i can live with my self waking up every morning with No Teeth!LOL! but, i can't live this way so, i'm getting it done- They make them So Much better than they used to; my dentist swears no one will ever know- Go For It; Don't go as long as i have Suffering- Toothache Pain is the Worst of Any Pain- Wishing you lots of luck:) ( you never realize how much you Smile until you can't- HUH?- i think that is what i'm Most Excited about- Smiling Again:)

Anonymous

• go with anon's advice and get dental insurance and get the work done. dentures take a lot of care and can be just as expensive in upkeep.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• if is needed yes...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:43 PM on Mar. 4, 2011