What are some jobs that a hard of hearing person can do at home??

Does anyone know of any REAL and LEGIT companies online that hire people with a hearing loss? PLEASE post if you know of some. THANKS!

MoMofTWOkiddos

Asked by MoMofTWOkiddos at 10:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Money & Work

• WHAT?
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 10:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• WHAT?

Grow up!

Here's a bump for you, OP.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Dumb Cnt.

Anywho, there are some things that you can do from home that dont require hearing, writting for instance, and actually our team at Pre-Paid legal has adapted tools for people who want to work an at home business wit us but are hard of hearing.

You can find a list of jobs at HOMECAREERSUCCES.COM
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:26 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I do know how you feel. I'm hard of hearing too and I want to go back to school, but I'm not sure what is right for me. I've been wondering what jobs people with hearing loss can do. Thanks for posting.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:07 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Do you like to write? You can work on freelance writing projects till the cows come home! LOL! Did you know that the people who first started out with eHow are clearing about $1,000.00 a month for absolutely nothing now?! I wasn't lucky enough to get in at the beginning of it all, but I do make between $50.00- $75.00 a month from them. I haven't even published anything in two years! Of course that is Demand Studios now, but writing can make you a lot of EXTRA money! I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities such as that in my Blog: Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• plenty. use your imagination
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 1:41 AM on Mar. 5, 2011

• Let me tell you what works for me. I provide groups with fundraisers where they make 50% of what they sell. I provide them with colorful brochures. They do all the work. I punch in the order & the product goes striaght to the group. No delivery for me. It is that easy. My groups come back year after year. The company used to be known as Home Interiors. After 50 years in business, they mergered with Home & Garden Party to form Celebrating Home. There are always contests where you can win all kinds of prizes, trips and even cars. Right now we are in the middle of a promotion where I can win a trip to New York. In March, you can get a fundraising kit that will get you started for $99.00 or if you want to do both the fundraising & the parties, you can get a kit with product valued over $350.00 for $99.00. Feel free to ask me any questions you have or go to my site www.homeinteriors.com/ttgiffin I'll be glad to help.
    ttgiffin

Answer by ttgiffin at 4:04 PM on Mar. 8, 2011