Looking for a way to let my 2 yr old get rid of some of his energy...

So I am trying to find spring and summer activities for Logan to do. I looked into t-ball but you have to register in feb. plus I think he has to be 3 but I really don't know. What other activities/sports can a 2 yr od do? I take him to the park and he loves that but when we go there are never any other kids there so I have to play which I don't mind. But I want him to be able to play with other kids his age. So I thought signing him up for a sports team but I think he might but be to young still. What ideas do you mamas have?

becky0829

Asked by becky0829 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know what area you are in, I'm in Saint Louis, we have a few really awesome places, The little gym, basically a tiny gym for children, super fun both my kids loved it. Also, bounce U, everything is bouncy, kids are jumping off walls & they have all kinds of bouncy equiptment, perfect for getting out all that energy. There's a place called Monkey Joe's same thing lots of stuff to bounce on. That's usually places I'll take my little one's to so they can get their energy out and everything is padded so no worries about getting hurt.
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 10:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes, I was going to say Gymboree or something similar, swimming (he's not too young), gymnastics, that sort of thing.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:55 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Take him to swimming classes at your local YMCA. He'll have a blast and there are other kids his age learning to swim too. :)
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:05 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I live in birmingham al well actually Hueytown but most people haven't heard of hueytown just irmingham.
    becky0829

Comment by becky0829 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• becky, I used to teach swim lessons at my local YMCA until I moved and the commute wasn't worth it. They have programs for most ages. There are actually "lessons" for children as young as 6 months old (think water acclimation). Registration may be going on right now for spring/summer programs but you can still register later if there's room.

If finances are an issue there ARE scholarships available that can give up to 70% discount on programs. If you decide to join you will get to drop him off in the on site child care. That's usually an hour and a half, sometimes two hours. You can go get your workout in, or just take some time to chillax.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:41 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• search for play groups and moms groups at meetup.com. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:58 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thanks for all the advice mamas
    becky0829

Comment by becky0829 (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Mar. 4, 2011