What happens when you start going to the doctors every week?

I'm 37wks and I was wondering if they check to see if your dilated anymore every week now?

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 11:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes they will. they will make sure you are growing every week and the baby is doing good.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:03 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I am not sure I didnt get to that point. But probably.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:04 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• The only time my doctor ever checked me to see if I was dilated was at my 39 week appointment and that was only because she was sending me to be induced right then due to high blood pressure and wanted to see if I was dilated at all before she sent me off to the hospital. No check at 37 or 38 weeks other than measuring me, listening to the heart beat, etc.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 11:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• When I started going every week my doctor would just listen to the heartbeat and ask me questions about how I wasfeeling, movements, etc. I was disappointed because I thought he would be checking for dialation and things. After my due date we made an appt and he said at that appt he would check to see if i was dialated at all. I ended up going into labor the night before and the first time I ever got checked for dialation was 4 days after my due date, at the hospital, and I was 6 cm when I got there. Good luck! And I'm sure if you ask the doc to check you he or she will...I just never asked,
    Rileysmom25

Answer by Rileysmom25 at 11:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Yes. They're just making sure everything is moving along smoothly.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:41 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Some doctors don't but mine did. If there is a gown on the bed when you walk in the door you can pretty much expect an exam. If they haven't check for strep you will have a test probably at your next visit. Otherwise the visits are pretty much like all the others.

Congrats you are closer to meeting your bundle of joy!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• It depends on your dr. The only time I was checked with my 4 year old was on my due date. With my baby I was checked at 38 weeks and 40 weeks.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 4:30 PM on Apr. 3, 2011