What can I do to keep from getting out of breath?

I am not out of shape but then again maybe...I walk 4 miles a day but today I decided to do alittle jogging and I did good but as I got to my 3rd mile I started to feel out of breath or starting to breathe too fast and my eyes were bothering me I think the allergies were kicking in. The track I go to is 1 mile long so I walk 1/4 a mile then I'll jog 1/4 and so on until I am done. What can I do to keep from breathing too hard?
Thanks Ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Health

• I had a coach once who taught me to control my breathing. I would take three strides per breathing in and three strides per out. If your panting gets real bad try to just hold your breath. It is ok to run without breathing much as strange as that sounds.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:21 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• does your family have a history of asthma? The more out of shape I've gotten the more I've developed asthma.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:25 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I had to do the same thing Mrs. Coop said. I took me a while to get my I'll call it lung endurance built up. Try what she said it will work. Give yourself time to adjust so don't give up!
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:16 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• practice breathing from your diaphragm before you go out running. its right below your ribs in the center, if you dont already know where it is. when you are doing your stretches, remember to breathe too. could be allergies giving you a lil asthma
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Asthma triggers in my area is super bad this winter, and a stuffy nose can totally factor into it.
    Opie99

Answer by Opie99 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you are just starting out that is perfect, as a jogger I started with running for 2 minutes walking for 5 and adding on every week until I could run 5 miles straight thru, it happens fast you will be suprised
    stella73

Answer by stella73 at 12:52 PM on Mar. 4, 2011