Girl's clothes

What is the difference between 6 and 6x? I am supposed to be shopping for a girl and her mom just said she is a size 6. I guess she could have meant a size 6t too. I am so confused :(

AddyRF

Asked by AddyRF at 11:24 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Shopping

• I'd just get a regular 6. I know when people inquire about sizes for my girls when they're buying clothes, I have to be specific about my oldest daughter's size because she's a skinny little lady. Get a gift receipt so clothing can be exchanged if needed.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:32 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I'm not positive but I think 6x might be a little "fuller" than just a size 6.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:33 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• its bigger than regular 6
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:44 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I always thought the 6x was for the skinny mini's. When I was little I used to wear a 6x and I was tiny. I'd go with the size 6. Most clothing brands have elastic in the waist now.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:47 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• 6 is regular, 6x is girls version of "husky". My DD wears a 6x because she's solid (but not chunky), and a regular 6 isn't quite roomy enough. There is no 6t - toddler sizes only go up to 5t, which is pretty much the same as 4/5.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Thanks anonymous! I know who I am buying for is solid, so I will buy 6x
    AddyRF

Comment by AddyRF (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If you go somewhere that sells the pants with the tabs in them then they can adjust them too. GO somewhere like carter, childrens place, osh kosh. Get the 6x. If they are a little big then they can use the tabs to adjust the waist.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 5:35 PM on Mar. 4, 2011