What theme should I do for my dd 2nd B-day?

I have a really cool cake book that shows you how to make shaped cakes rather simply. Her big day is at the end of March, so I could do a Butterfly or Bunny... I'm kind of really wavering between a Kitty, Elmo, or a Fish (she's really intrigued by Fish, but we are having the party at a park, so not sure how else I would support this theme)

The Kitty, bunny or butterfly would probably be the easiest cakes..... Any ideas on other decorations to back the themes?

earthmama727

Asked by earthmama727 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The ladybug theme is really popular now...especially for this age.  It would be great since you are doing it at a park.  The cupcake theme is also popular.  See lotsof cute themes and game ideas to go with them http://www.cjkidz.com/Birthday%20Resource%20Page.html

momjs

Answer by momjs at 11:39 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Does she have a preference? Why not show her pictures of the cakes you're willing to make and let her pick. At 2 she's old enough to have an opinion on the matter.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 6:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would go with the fish theme. Goldfish crackers. Cut sandwiches into fish shapes. Make blue Jello jigglers, cut into fish shapes, or put blue jello into a small fish bowl with goldfish crackers in it. Very cute.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:44 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Use gummy fish. Also, I found this with lots of ideas

http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/under_the_sea_party.html

SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:48 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i like the lady bug theme its a cute idea and it goes with having the oarty at a oark
    jennifer41587

Answer by jennifer41587 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Well, I hadn't really shown her pics, but wwhen I ask her, she wants them all! I think I would rather do something like the kitty cat or bunny, but she loves fish, any time we go to Grammas house she loves to watch her aquarium, and she always wants to watch the "Fish show" (Nemo). Last year we did the Garden Girl theme they sell at Party City, so that kind of entailed Ladybugs and Butterflies. Oh, and when she's four her b-day will be very close to Easter, so I figured I'd save the Bunny theme for then (if she wants it of course!)

I guess I could make the fish look like NEmo too!
    earthmama727

Comment by earthmama727 (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Mar. 4, 2011