Going crazy!!

My 9 month old has done nothing but cry for the past 4 days, she has an ear infection but has been getting treated for it, nothing i do helps, does anyone have any suggstions?

gracie43008

Asked by gracie43008 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For her, or for you?

For her, just follow the doctors instructions and try to stay calm, though I know it' hard when you're constantly around a crying baby. It wears on your nerves. She should be getting better soon, if it's been four days and she's on treatment. Poor thing. :(

Just try to comfort her as much as possible, and take a breather and a break when you can. If someone else can watch her, take an hour to yourself, to get some quiet and recharge.

Best of luck and I hope she's feeling better soon. I know how frustrating and sad it can be when your baby is crying and in pain and you can't do anything to help.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:48 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• give her teething tablets. They're traditionally to help with teething pain but it really helps when you just can't figure out whats keeping them upset and you don't want to just give random medicine trying to figure it out. They are all natural and the pediatrician approves of them. You can get them at walmart where the baby tooth brushes and stuff are. They are a huge lifesaver!! If she's on antibiotics it could be hurting her tummy. We just had to do some antibiotics and he was really fussy too. I'd ask the dr if there was anything you could do for her tummy....good luck..
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 11:49 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Put some just slightly warmed up olive oil in her ears. It should soothe it. If she is still miserable tomorrow, I'd call the pediatrician. The medication might not be doing the job.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have no suggsition. My daugther used to cry and cry for no resean. But I could feel how hard it is.
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Is she on an antibiotic? That's supposed to help in two to three days. I would call the doctor tomorrow. There is a chance that either the antibiotic isn't working, or she could have a high tolerance (meaning she may need a little more than the average child) to cure the ear infection. Is it ear drops or an oral antibiotic?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:17 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• do what they like the most . what makes them laugh or smile. spoil them while they are sick. give them ice pops. taking a bath with toys they like. use paint for the tub baths maybe. stuffed animal. stand on your head maybe. pull out the pots and pans and let them jam! seeing a cute animal works be it dog or kitty. let them suck on a wet wash clothes. baby is probably teething too. rub or scratch their back or head. blow bubbles. rock them in the chair on your lap. let them snuggle with you. they even sell liquid drops for pain in the ears too at the drug store
    Krisn4

Answer by Krisn4 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Have you made sure her infection is going away? She may need to get tubes put in her ears to releave the pressure that builds up in the ear. I finally put tubes in my youngest ears at 8 m and I am glad I did. I did eventually get his tonsils out because he went through 3 sets of tubes bc infections would was them out.
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:10 PM on Mar. 4, 2011