Do you think it's wrong to leave your kids in fl with parents while you go work in ny ?

Btw the kids thinks its for a man & that's were he lives , I always wanted to go but I never got the license to be a rn there & now I do & my kids thinks it just for him . I don't know how long I will be gone though my kids don't like it not one bit & they said if I go they will be pissed & not come visit . Kids are 16 & 12

AshantiJ

Asked by AshantiJ at 11:52 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• you gotta work. it depends for how long and if they are getting your attention and time.
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 11:53 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• It would be wrong for me, under almost any circumstance. I can't judge someone else's situation with so little info, though. It would also depend greatly on how long it's for.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:54 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• ... and how old the kids are, and yeah, lots of other factors.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• I have never leave my kides. But who knows maybe u realllllyyyyy had to work.
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• You realize your kids think you're dumping them off to be with a man instead of them. Have you thought about how that makes them feel even if it's not the actual truth? Truth or no truth that's what they believe. Either way, work or man, I think it would be a very selfish thing to do and very damaging to your relationship with your children. Period.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• No I wouldnt. This stems from my own childhood and adulthood of feeling "put out" for my dads girlfriends.
    MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I don't think its wrong, everyone has a different situation and if that's what you have to do so u can work then its what u have to do , you can't worry about what people think even your kids sometimes as long as you know why you've made that decision that's all that matters
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:49 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes I think it's wrong. Why couldn't you take your kids? Have you thought about how it makes them feel that their own mother would leave them for a man? How would you feel if when you were in high school your mother told you, I'm leaving don't know when I'll be back? I don't know the whole situation, but based on what you said it's not something I would do.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 6:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes I think it's wrong. Why wouldn't you take them with you?!?

Answer by missanc at 7:43 AM on Mar. 4, 2011