How many hours do you spend away from your children in an average week?

On average, I spend about...none, lol. Literally. Today I got to go to a dentist appointment alone though. It was weird. :)

This is by choice, for me though. I get "my time" after he goes to bed at night.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:58 PM on Mar. 3, 2011 in General Parenting

• Almost none. With 5 kids there is almost always one of them with me. Occasionally I escape to walk to the store alone. That gets me an hour or two to myself once a month, lol. As alone as I get is locked in my bedroom. Just another 5 years until my youngest starts school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• 30 hours....just while they are in school...and usually not even that much because I volunteer at the school all the time...I love being a Mom and a Wife and my family is the biggest and most importnat thing in my life
    9tigger

Answer by 9tigger at 12:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• One of mine has frown up and left home; I see him a few weeks a year, but he emails me almost daily. The school-age ones are at school from 8 until 3. But the little one is with me 24/7. I love it and wouldn't want it any other way! They grow up MUCH too Fast!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:00 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• i go out with the hubby ever friday night for date night and leave about 430pm-12mid
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 12:01 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• 9 hours..... 3 hours a day 3 days a week when my DD is in preschool.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• The 24 to 32 hours I work outside of the house each week (dad is with them for most of that due to our hours being so different), and the 2 hours a week he let's me grocery shop without the kiddos! This week we got lucky and grandma asked to have the girls overnight one night, but that's not "normal"...that only happens once every couple months.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:11 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• 7:40-3:40 on school days (providing everyone is healthy.) I do volunteer in the elementary school and drive field trips and will occasionally see one of the kids when I pick up my lunch delivery 4 days a week.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Zero :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I have an average of about 5 hours away per week.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Only the 5 hours I work a week.
    Rose4Lily

Answer by Rose4Lily at 1:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2011