Tell me what you think I saw on the ultrasound??????

I had an ultrasound yesturday at 12 weeks 4 days and we got a shot of the genitals but all I could make of it was something puffy looking. I didn't see lines or anything sticking up. What do you think it would be? I looked at videos on the internet and I didn't see anything like what my baby had on any of them videos. Lots of the boys had something sticking up and the girls had the 3 lines. The u/s tech said most babies look like girls at this age. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Actually most babies look like boys at this stage because of the way babies develop...no way of knowing what you saw...sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• A baby does not start growing privates until 13 weeks and they are not viewable until 18-22 weeks.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 12:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• That's not true Hatsumomo.

Babies genetals start growing very early. Here is a link to info and photos:

http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html 

miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• In medical assisting school we are taught baby's genitals are fully formed at eight weeks. It's just that baby is still too small to know for sure. You **can ** tell this early if baby is highly cooperative, but I wouldn't take their word for it until around 20 weeks when baby is bigger. You'l never be 100% sure until birth.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think 12 weeks is WAY to early to really tell.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 4:27 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I would have to say it's still too early. They say starting at 16 wks they can tell you. My friend went in and had an ultrasound at about 12-13 wks the dr said I'm pretty certain it's a boy but we will do another to make certain. About 3 wks later the ultrasound showed it was a girl. And she is a beautiful little girl. I wouldn't worry about it for a few more weeks.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 2:47 PM on Mar. 9, 2011

• I can never tell anything about those pictures.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 5:13 PM on Mar. 17, 2011

• I couldn't tell and neither could the doctors
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2011

• Wait a few more weeks to be sure.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 5:23 AM on Mar. 30, 2011