Honestly.. whats ur opinion on drinking while breast feeding... give me all ur feed back

i crave a beer and wine here and ther but i have been able to resist any personal stories

Dani3lla

Asked by Dani3lla at 12:20 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I have nursed three children for a total of 4 1/2 years. I have maybe had five or six drinks in that time. I used to enjoy drinking before children but since having them I just worry too much. Plus I have to deal with them if they wake during the night or early in the morning. I just let myself have one once in a blue moon and I try to wait a couple of hours after before I nurse again. I don't have more than one and I don't remember finishing any of them. If you want to have one, go ahead! It will not hurt either of you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:03 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I think I had one glass of wine when my oldest was nursing. It was a disaster, but he was not an easy infant. He had severe reflux that the doctor refused to recognize until he was 6 months. Having a glass of wine just made the reflux worse. It was enough that I never had another drink while nursing him, or his brother and sister, which was 30+ months of nursing.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:23 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Don't get me started. My current foster baby was nursed by a mom who drank during pregnancy and breastfeeding - she's just turned 1 and barely weighs 16 lbs - fully dressed. Because of the drinking, this baby has EXTENSIVE issues. I'm sure you don't mean drinking to the point of being a dirty, falling down, stinkin drunk - but I guess it's better to be safe, than sorry. Just my opinion :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:13 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Sure you can have a beer while breastfeeding. If you plan on more then 2. (my dr told me this limit) You will need to pump. I don't suggest it all the time but sure.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011