OOOSH Husbands

Well its been a month since i found a text msg between my Husband and a Hospital House keeper, I confronted them and they both said noting happend so that's a releif however I'm still trying to work on the trust issues and all is good so far, but my question when will I stop snooping around and doubting him how long does that take? I'm no longer angry but still hurt that he attemped to cheat on me and I dont trust him 1 percent. I check his notebook he brings home from work his cell phone for texts and the phone bill for numbers I don't know, am i asking for trouble or am i jestified to snoop...HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Who knows how long it will take you to fully trust him again but don't drive yourself and him crazy snooping. You know the old saying about "if you're accused of it long enough you might as well do it". It will take time but hopefully he's being an open book to you and not acting defensive about it.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:35 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I know that my answer isnt going to be popular but I think your justified to snoop...what kept him from cheating? Probably you catching him....I would be snooping too....the thing about snooping though is you have to really prepare yourself for what you may find....if you find that he's doing the same thing or something worse, what are you going to do? As far as how long it's going to be before you trust him again..only you can answer that...for some it takes years. I'm sorry this is happening to you.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• If he knows you do this and wanted to cheat he'd just buy a prepaid phone that you don't know about and have an email account you don't know about so worrying about it is just a waste of time. Enjoy time with him. That's what an "other woman" would do. Make him feel important at home so another woman doesn't get the chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Things like this are complicated, given the fact that I've been cheated on I feel you're fully justified in your snooping - you're husband proved he isn't to be trusted and that your marriage wasn't worth keeping it in his pants (even though it didn't get that far). I also believe if he feels any guilt about it and loves you that he can put up with your mistrust because he deserves it. One of my ex-boyfriends cheated on me once; I found out and he begged for another chance when he realized he'd lose me for good. For a long time I snooped and could barely look at him - he ended the relationship because he said he couldn't handle the mistrust but in reality its because he didn't care enough about us to deal with the consequences of his actions and I believe this because another boyfriend was acting shady - I never found any proof but he loves me and dealt with my issues and now he's my husband.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Mar. 4, 2011