Phantom cries

does anyone else hear phantom cries when they are not in the room with their baby? ill be doing laundry or washing the dishes when he is asleep in bed, and ill stop because i hear him cry. ill go and check on him and he is sound asleep. weirds me out sometimes lol

Arretsmomma5

Asked by Arretsmomma5 at 12:34 AM on Mar. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I did when mine were little and when they got older I would often here "mom" in one of their voices. They'd either be asleep or outside and I would swear I heard them. It has happened a few times since they have all grown up and moved out as well. I think our brains just get so used to a sound or a voice and we hear memories.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yep I do
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 12:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yep!
    Rose4Lily

Answer by Rose4Lily at 1:27 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes, lol! I asked a question like this once bc I thought I was crazy or something. My son is 17 months and I still hear them while he's asleep sometimes. What's really weird is when my husband and I both hear the phantom cries at the same time!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:46 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I hear it with my dd also.....My mom told me one night I was out babysitting, approx 30miles away. The woman's kids I was watching 2 of them, "forgot" to mention she had a homicidal EX hubby who thought if he can't have her, nobody will. Long story short, he apparently thought she was home and started too throw rocks, beer bottles, whatever he could find. Then i heard the police sirens, and I didn't call them cause I was in the closet with the kids. As u can imagine I was scared really F'ing scared! my mom told me she called them! She said she suddenly just felt something, didn't argue with it and called the state police, whoi thankfully did know about the violent Ex hubby. Has anyone here happen to you?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Lol that happens to me a lot and the same as you I check on hin and he's sleepin
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 1:28 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• Yes! I thought I was the only one.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:33 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• yes, all the time.
    littlemama810

Answer by littlemama810 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• I heard them a lot when my Son was a Baby..and even now, I hear phantom Kiddo cries when He is sleeping.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2011

• oh yeah, ds is 3 and i still hear them. lol it didnt help that the trailer we lived in was actuallyy hunted eather...always heard foot steps and knocking! it was creepy lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 4, 2011