I am having pain in my left hip and leg.

I am 38 weeks preggo. Last night I started to get severe pain in my left hip that goes into my thigh (along with lower back pain). What is causing this? I have had hip pain before, but nothing like this-it hurts to even walk!
What can I do to help the pain? Tylenol and heating pads are not working!

HEATHERDAWN0531

Asked by HEATHERDAWN0531 at 10:22 AM on Nov. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• baby is pressing on nerves :o( it sucks and there's nothing you can do other than try changing positions.

sounds a bit like baby might be "sunny side up" facing out instead of facing your back.

try getting on your hands and knees for a while to get baby moved forward off the nerves.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:25 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I had this same terrible pain with my first pregnancy. I think the baby is putting pressure on your sciatic nerve. It's a big nreve that splits off and goes down both legs. It was always my left side that hurt too.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 10:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• Im 15weeks along and my left leg always hurts
    megclark22

Answer by megclark22 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• wow, i have the exact same thing! my pain is on my right side though... im not sure what it is, and tylenol does not work for me either. i just sleep it off and in the morning its gone. but i usually get it at night only so idk... one time i took advil, i dont know if were allowed to, but i have back pain in general. ask ur doctor if you can take advil. that worked way better for me, and i only took ONE.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 10:58 AM on Nov. 21, 2008