• In the Spotlight:

Chapped legs..

My poor 2 yr old has been swimming in her pool alot and now she has bad chapping on her genitals and both sides of her legs where her diaper rubs. She screams and cries and I feel so bad. Is there anything I should do to ease the pain and chapping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well my hubby is a walking mailman so he has a horribe time with this issue. The best thing he found to work liguid baby powder. He applies it every evening when he gets out of the shower and it has helped him out a lot. Good luck!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• i have had eczema my whole life and my son had is too, mildly. the best thing that i have found is that Quench lotion. you can get it at walmart. its amazing.
    annak4404

Answer by annak4404 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Keep it clean and dry! When she is done swimming take off the wet diaper or suit right away...this can cause yeasty beasty yeast infections too. Until it is cleared up ..steer clear of the water activities. good luck...hope she feels better real soon.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• get her out of the wet clothes right away, and then maybe let her air out for a bit.
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 10:35 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Cloth diapers and extra virgin olive oil!
    Geneie

Answer by Geneie at 11:23 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I always use baby diaper rash creans like desitin
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 1:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• aquaphor ointment, vaseline, balmex ointment not cream eucerine cream . can she go in pool with pantys. maybe you can put oil on her before she goes in the water.
    jaes347

Answer by jaes347 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2008

• duh, I realized that when I out her in a dress it would make her legs rub more and burn, so now I have her in shorts and when i out her in the pool, i put pants on her, so it doesn't rub. Thanks, girls!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2008